Archive for October, 2010
Senior Manager of Learning and Development, Contact Center – Orlando FL –
• Actively advocate for progress during regular contact center leadership meetings. Broadly communicate learning and development goals, plans and results: past, present and future. Anticipate and identify opportunities to position L&D resources to support the needs of the business.
• Have awareness of and counsel leadership team on calendar conflicts: Training, Initiative Implementation, Business Priorities, and counsel leadership team on sensitive decisions which may impact the culture.
• Seek out partnership with other business units: LEI, Resort Ops, WCF, etc.
• Adapt direction, coaching, support or delegation to L&D managers as appropriate. Ensure efficacy of all training initiatives: Onboarding, Continuous and Leadership. Continually question organizational readiness to consume learning solutions and adapt as needed. Assess, challenge and support the managers’ tactical solutions to strategic goals. Assess and direct resources in alignment with financial support from the business units.
• Direct or manage special projects which require a higher level champion. Examples may include: Senior team meetings, Strategic initiatives, benchmarking, Process improvement, etc.
• Build budget annually and forecast, accrue and communicate variances monthly: Staffing, T&E, and Project allocation. Ensure resource allocation aligns with financial support from the business units.
• Communicate and show value to business leaders.
• Assess L&D talent in relation to performance and potential. Arrange work assignments and responsibilities to promote growth in relation to the needs of the individual and the business.
• Build bench strength within the team and for the business operations.
• Bachelor’s in Learning & Development / Adult Learning / Business Management or Industrial Education and or Professional Certifications in field
• 5+ years proven experience creating, managing and facilitating training programs.
• 3+ years leading teams.
• 2+ years in contact center, hospitality or like industry
• Experience using multiple-channel approach for training delivery; classroom, remote classroom, assessment, active learning, OJT, audio, video etc.
• Excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent presentation skills with strong abilities to facilitate successful presentations and training programs to individuals and/or large groups at all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office basic suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed (teams are in various time-zones)
• Proven effective experience with:
• Organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize and direct multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Consulting within the business, working effectively with varied levels of management
• Interpreting client needs and provide direction to direct team and broader teams to support client needs
• Demonstrating a passionate drive for results
• Demonstrate good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Leading, managing, developing and motivating teams
• Demonstrating change agility within and ambiguous environment
United States of America-FL-Orlando
Goodwin & Associates Hospitality Services, LLC
Business Owners! If you’re in Philadelphia today, here’s an event you won’t want to miss!
This event will focus on upcoming trends for this holiday season, how to be creative in generating business and how to share your exciting options with potential guests.
Monday, October 18th
2:00pm at Bridget Foy’s
200 South Street
Our panelists will include:
Dennis Gaudenzi: Owner of UpcomingEvents.com, YoungProfessionalEvents.com, NYEphilly.com, NetMixer.com, and PhillyTrips.com
Nicole Shatzel: Director of Catering at DiBruno Bros.
Chef Daniel Stern: Owner of Daniel Stern Restaurants currently operating R2L and Midatlantic
Our panel will be moderated by
Happy to announce as voted by her peers that Kim Griffin has won September Manager of the month with her recruiting and mystery shop sales successes! She is also involved in our training and is a positive influence on our new team members. Kim is an important part of our team, and we value her achievements. Congratulations Kim!